Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FOREST LAKE WATERCRAFT OWNERS
Dear Fellow FLLA members;
Due to the Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) in Forest Lake, the MN DNR requires all watercraft owners removing or launching their boats from or into Forest Lake to carry this permit from the MN DNR (http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/natural_resources/invasives/ais-auth-form-boats.pdf )with them to the next location for cleaning, repairing, storing and/or launching their watercraft.
The MN DNR states: INDIVIDUAL WATER CRAFT OWNERS MAY NOT...
- transport watercraft without removing the drain plug.
- arrive at a lake access with a drain plug in place.
- transport aquatic plants, zebra mussels, or other prohibited species without permit 2015-003 (see link above)
- launch a watercraft with prohibited species attached.
- release bait into the water.
- place a boat lift, dock, swim raft or associated equipment that has been removed from any water body may not be placed into another water body until a minimum of 21 days have passed.
For other MN DNR restrictions and rules, etc. please see the MN DNR website or contact the MN DNR directly at (651) 296-6157 or 888-646-6367.
Without the Permit/Form in your possession there is the possibility of a $500 fine. Thank you for your consideration and for doing your part to protect Forest Lake.
Forest Lake Lake Association Board of Directors